Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

How do you get your spouse to ...?


I think that this is one of the funniest questions ever posed to hubby or myself.  I often get asked ... "How do you get your hubby to pick up his dirty clothes?"  "How do you get your hubby to wash dishes?"  "How do you get your hubby to make the bed?"  Why is this so funny?  It seems funny to me because I don't "get my hubby" to do anything.  He does things that he knows will please me because he loves me (and he has mild OCD) :)  He shows his love by his actions.

Not only is the question funny, but it is a challenge to me.  I want to serve my hubby in ways that are typically shunned by average wives.  I don't want to be average at my job - I want to be exceptional.  I want to surprise hubby.  I want my actions to back up my words.

I tried to "speak love" this morning before hubby went to work.  He is still adjusting to buckwheat pancakes (though it sounds like it would have gluten, it doesn't).  This morning, I mixed them up and added a healthy dash of cinnamon and nutmeg.  Boy, was that a small change that was a big hit!  It tasted like a cinnamon-sugar doughnut (appropriate for National Doughnut Day)!  Then, we dined al fresco in the cool morning surrounded by the pots of flowers that hubby bought me for my birthday.

Will you surprise those around you today with your service?

Will you elicit the question, "How do you get your spouse to ...?"

Why not try it today?

2 comments:

  1. Mild OCD. That made me burst out laughing. I love reading your posts on here. I'll have to try the cinnamon & nutmeg in the buckwheat next time. They aren't a favorite around here with some. We mix 1/2 buckwheat with 1/2 rice flour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It probably didn't hurt that I used 1/2 and 1/2 in place of the milk either :) Definitely not diet pancakes that morning!

    ReplyDelete