Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

Make Hay While the Sun ...

... Doesn't Shine

I can't say that I am particularly fond of the heat this time of year.  It seems that I have to rush around to get so much done before the heat of the day.  By 8 this morning, I had watered the gardens (takes about 45 minutes), had devotions, made breakfast, packed a lunch, and went for a 3 mile walk/run.  In nearby Charlotte, the weather forecast is for over 100* for the next 3 days.  We are supposed to be in the very high 90's*.  Lord willing, hubby and I are headed to the highest peak east of the Mississippi on Saturday.  At 6,684 ft, hopefully there will be some cool air!

Hubby looked at the mower.  The pull cord is not jammed anymore, but something blew in the engine and it is now burning oil like anything.  So - I am taking this week off from mowing.  I think that hubby has decided to buy a new mower (rather than limping along with a used one) this time ... so maybe Monday morning will afford a chance to mow down my weeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment