Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Repetition is the Key to Learning


In my education classes at college, we were reminded repeatedly to REVIEW, REVIEW, REVIEW.  It was built into the curriculum, but my instructors knew that there would be a tendency to skip the review to make time for something else.  In my own life, I see the necessity of review in my Bible memory, in the messages that I hear at church, and in my own Bible study.  I need reminders.

As I read my Bible each day, I typically read 1 Psalm, a portion of the Proverb of the day, a couple of chapters in the Old Testament and 1 chapter in the New Testament.  I do this because I know that I will come away with something.  Sometimes I need the encouragement of the Psalms.  Sometimes I need to hold onto a principle for Proverbs.  Sometimes I need the straightforward rebuke of a Prophet.  Other times I need the doctrinal teaching from the New Testament.  God gave me some repetition on Saturday.  The message was in the Old Testament and the New Testament.  The message:  "Don't talk back!"  or  "You are you for a reason."

Isaiah 45:9
Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker!
Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it,
What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?

Romans 9:20
Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God?
Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it,
Why hast thou made me thus?

I really am a slow learner sometimes and these verses always convict me.  This time it was a double blow.
SHH!  Don't talk back!  I have a plan in the way you are made!

Are you listening today? 
What did you learn and apply in your Bible study today?

No comments:

Post a Comment