Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

How Does Your Garden Grow?

'Tis the season for all things garden. 
So far, our little garden patch is producing well.
The hot weather has just intensified this week,
so the efforts to keep things going will be ramped up.

The sugar snap peas were simply delicious - so good that I did not get any put away in the freezer.  They were an awesome snack and we enjoyed them fresh.  We have also enjoyed fresh greens (spinach and lettuce).  The beets are awaiting processing (maybe Monday).  The carrots and onions are enjoyed on an 'as needed' basis. 

The beans, cucumbers, and zucchini are producing right now.  I canned 4 pints of beans this morning (I know that sounds ridiculously small to some of you).  I ate cucumbers as my lunch today (with some Catalina dressing as dip!).  The zucchini are a favorite on the grill with a little lemon pepper and then served with Parmesan cheese.

I am watching pumpkins growing fat, my first successful winter squash producing, quite a few watermelon babies, and at least one cantaloupe.  The pepper plants are still deciding if they want to make a go of it.  The majority of the garden is tomato plants which are heavy with fruit, but not quite ripe yet.

It always amazes me what that little seed planted months ago is doing today. 
The law of sowing and reaping.
... You reap more than you sow. ...

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I picked a carrot the other day to see how they were coming and it was delicious. The beets are ready to pick, but can wait. The rest is still too early. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete