Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Refreshing Gift

Psalm 90:14
O satisfy us early with thy mercy;
that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.

This morning we woke to cool, refreshing temperatures.
The buttoned-up house was about 77* when we awoke,
then we opened everything we could and within 1 hour we were down to 71*!
It was definitely the day to be tidying in the garden.
Even here at noon - the breeze is still cool.
I had waited almost too long to tie tomatoes again, but the deed is done as best I could.
I ripped up greens that had turned bitter in the heat.
I enjoyed cleaning up the flower beds.
The bright blossoms cheer my spirit.
Oh -  but I also found evidence of a terrible cutworm -
I hope I caught it before I lose my pumpkin plant.

Our God is merciful.
I deserve punishment - death and eternal separation from Him in hell.
He does not give me what I deserve.
How often I rejoice and rest in His promise not to give me more than I can bear.
He will give me a way to escape.
Sometimes I want to doubt and question - sinfully wondering if He is keeping track of the trials,
wondering if the escape is there right now or coming soon.
Like a cool morning in the midst of summer - he sends a refreshing.
And it is mercy for EVERYONE!


No comments:

Post a Comment