Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Not A Drama Queen

Proverbs 31:3
She seeketh wool, and flax,
and worketh willingly with her hands.

While meditating on this aspect of the virtuous woman, my mind kept coming back to today's drama queen and the desire of people today to "one - up" the next guy.  Is it your first tendency?  I often have to hold my tongue, because sometimes I just need to listen and sometimes my work does not need to be known by others.

This verse explains that the virtuous woman is a willing worker.  While it is self-explanatory, I can't help but imagine that she not only was working willingly, but she was quiet about it.  She is a stark contrast to the typical woman of today.  While she may "willingly" work, you will here how hard it was, how many interruptions were caused by her family and friends and ministry, and you will now that you have never had an experience like hers.  I know ... I have been there ... perhaps embellishing to get sympathy, perhaps sharing details that do not need to be known by others.

The "Drama Queen Syndrome" is prevalent today, but is one that I try not to embrace.  A servant doesn't look for praise, attention, etc., but rather just to meet the needs of others.  As a servant of God and a helper to my husband, shouldn't I have that same quiet, contented spirit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment