Pages

Monday, May 26, 2014

Quick and Easy

I have a new go-to breakfast ...
or lunch for that matter.
I have enjoyed making Overnight Oatmeal this past week.
Now I am not a hot oatmeal fan ...
I do not like the texture ...
and without brown sugar ...
well ... it is just not a favorite.
But I do like to eat healthy
and oats are often suggested in healthy menu plans.

Even hubby liked overnight oatmeal - 
of course, the fruit add ons really help!

Overnight Oatmeal

1/3 c oats
1/3 c greek yogurt
1/3 c milk
1 tsp chia seeds (opt.)
1 tsp honey or other sweestener (opt)

Mix all ingredients in a pint jar or some type of covered container.
Leave 8 hours (overnight) or up to 3 days.
Enjoy as is or top with 1/2 c fruit.
I enjoyed 1 Tbsp PB, 1 banana, and 1/8 c dried cranberries yesterday.
The first ones I made had 1/4 c fresh strawberries and 1/4 c frozen blueberries.
I made some with 1/4 c blackberries and 1/4 c blueberries (both fresh).
The ideas are endless
and the ease in the morning is priceless.

Menu Plan:
Sunday: Grilled Hamburgers
Monday:  BBQ Pork Picnic with Church Family
Tuesday:  Chicken Alfredo
Wednesday:   Pork Chops with tomato and feta
Thursday: Marinara Meatballs
Friday: Pasta with Garlic
Saturday:  Lemon Pepper Tilapia

No comments:

Post a Comment