Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Strong in the Right Way

Proverbs 25:28 
He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city 
that is broken down, and without walls.

This one is a tough one for me.
 - - to rule one's spirit - - 
control over emotions
control over anger
control over reactions

The analogy is of a city without walls - 
a city in disreapair
a city without protection
a city vulnerable
a city that is the shell of what it once was or what it could be

I do not want to be that "has been" city - 
that city that makes you cry to think of its former "glory days."

So to avoid it ...
with the Lord's help ...
I must rule my own spirit.
I am not to rule others.
I am not to blame others.
I am not to manipulate others.
I am to take care of myself and my actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment