Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Eggs and Coconut Oil

There are so many "little" things to be thankful for each day.

This morning, as I made breakfast, I was thankful for this time of year
when the coconut oil is soft - not hard to scoop and not liquid yet.


I was also thankful for the 3-4 weeks of free eggs that we received.
A local family was looking to donate eggs to a soup kitchen and could not find one that wanted eggs.
They dropped off A LOT of eggs to the church.
What a blessing!
Especially since we go through 2-3 dozen a week in our house.

Small things - but still things that need to be uttered.

2 comments:

  1. There is a time of year when coconut oil is soft? We practically chip ours off year round. Donald speaks of such times where he is, too. Maybe if I put the coconut oil bucket over the heating grate I could make it softer. . . But I agree, it is the simple things we need to remember to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must get over 70* sometimes - unless you keep your coconut oil in a root cellar. I do prefer chipping to pure liquid (most of the time).

      Delete