Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Put It Away!


I just finished reading the book of Joshua.
What an encouragement!
I love the reminder that God will enable me to do those things which He commands me to do.
I appreciate the reminder that even Old Testament "heroes" had frailties.

As I finished the book, this verse jumped out at me.

Joshua 24:14 
Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth:
and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD.

Perhaps it was the fact that I had been contemplating verses to use in decorating at church;
but I was also stunned that after all that the Israelites had been through,
they still had Egyptian gods.

How about you?
Is there something that is more important than God?
Is it your schedule?
Is it ministry?
Is it family?
Is it tv/internet?
Is it food?

Fear the Lord.  Serve Him.  Put Him first.

No comments:

Post a Comment