Pages

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Remember

"And thou shalt remember
that thou wast a bondman in Egypt:
and thou shalt observe and do these statutes."
Deuteronomy 16:12

I am reading through the book of Deuteronomy in my personal studies.
This phrase is repeated and repeated and repeated.
In their treatment of others, in their worship of God, in every aspect of life,
the Israelites were to remember.
Remember God's grace to them in bringing them out of bondage.

And the application to me ...
REMEMBER!

God was gracious to me as well.
He drew me as a child.
He saved me as a child.
He gave me many opportunities not afforded to everyone.

If I remember that,
I will be more longsuffering with others ...
I will be more appreciative of the things God has given ...
I will value His Word more each day ...
I will long to serve and love Him with all that I have.

JUST REMEMBER!

No comments:

Post a Comment