Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Unnecessary gods

Psalm 81:10
I am the LORD thy God,
which brought thee out of the land of Egypt:
open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.

This psalm was written about the children of Israel, but my God is still the same gracious and giving God today.  He asked His children to listen to Him, to turn from other gods and He would abundantly bless.  How often do you evaluate the "gods" in your life?  Since being married, I have seen the need to give up the god of television and the god of facebook along with the god of unnecessary shopping.  These are not a problem for everyone, but they stole time or money that should have belonged to God.  I have to be careful not to serve the "garden god" or the "home god" or even the "hubby god" or "service god" and cut out the God who gives me these things to enjoy.  I see the blessings of God each day and wonder how much more He wants to give when I give EVERYTHING over to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment