Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2010

A relief from stress

For many years (OK, probably about 20), I have had an increasing problem with tremors, nerves, and heart disturbances.  Many a friend and family member has asked, "Why are you shaking?" "Are you nervous about something?" Sundays were becoming the worst day with the increased pressure of music responsibilities in two services. What was manageable for many years was becoming incapacitating.  Exercise, diet, removal of caffeine were no longer seeming to help.  Doctor's appointments showed no problems without a barrage of costly tests.  The past year has been a great struggle with more rough days than good days.  I described the problem to hubby as living in "fight or flight" mode almost constantly.  This quite often left me with NO energy to do the things that I needed to do or wanted to do. 

The Lord has been gracious.  While researching a prescription drug that a friend had told me about, I came across something called Magnesium Deficiency.  After reading the description and discovering that it was hard to overdose on the mineral, I decided to try supplementing.  Wow!  What a difference it has made.  I have had 4 weeks of energy and Sundays have been much less debilitating.  I am so amazed that our bodies are so masterfully made that the slightest imbalance can create very poor health.  I am thankful for a God who leads our steps and cares for us.  I am thankful for natural remedies to many health problems. 

Colossians 1:16b-17
all things were created by him, and for him:
And he is before all things,
and by him all things consist.

No comments:

Post a Comment