Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Husband and Friend

I spent a large piece of today practicing with the violin students who are getting ready for their recital in two weeks.  While not taking lessons myself this year, I am the primary pianist at the church that hosts the recital, so I volunteer in this way.  I really enjoy playing the classics and seeing how each student has progressed in the year.

On busy days like this, I have to make a more concerted effort to be an attentive wife when hubby returns home.  Perhaps this is more on my mind this week.  It seems that in the past 3 years, I have been blindsided to find out the 3 or 4 seemingly happy couples are having serious marital troubles.  This always shakes me but also plants in me a firm resolve to truly embrace the Biblical role of a wife and a Christian in the home as well as out of the home.  Hubby told me that many couples just need a good dose of Song of Solomon - not as an allegory of Christ's love, but as a picture of enjoying love and marriage.  By God's grace, I always want my hubby to be both my beloved and my friend.

Song of Solomon 5:16
 This is my beloved, and this is my friend.

1 comment:

  1. You are the age I was when three couples who were dear to us - divorced. It was so unsettling...and sad. It always breaks my heart when those sacred vows are dismissed..

    ReplyDelete