Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Decision Made

I was imagining that there would be a bit more struggle and conflict in deciding whether or not to leave wheat out of our diets indefinitely.  Seriously, I could not envision hubby giving up the fast food hamburger at DQ or Burger King.  No Cici's for their awesome pizza buffet.  And no frozen, breaded chicken nuggets or fish sticks.  I know, I am revealing some of our poor food choices.  But the decision is made.  After 3 weeks, hubby feels so good, he easily said, "I am not going back."  Joint pain ... gone, tummy troubles ... gone, and my moods ... definitely improving.  I picked up a pile of books at the library on allergy-free cooking and will begin to wade through them.  For now, we eat naturally wheat free foods (potatoes and rice) and make simple substitutions for foods we love.  We tried corn and rice based spaghetti on Saturday night ... YUMMY!

Goal Update: 
I have some serious work to do on my memorization of Galatians.  I am still about 1/2 way through chapter 2.

I missed Friday for running, but I am going on to week 8 of my training anyway.  I should pretty much be "wogging" the entire time now.

I got caught up on my gardening on Saturday.  Finally got the beets in (about 2 weeks late) and snuck in some seeds that should have waited another 2 weeks (but it has been so warm - I hope we are free of any hard frosts).  Hubby has fixed up my entry walkway and that makes the gardens look even better.

I am hoping to get another flower bed dug up in the backyard this week - maybe today!

No comments:

Post a Comment