Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pleasant Upturn

The week had not started particularly well.  Oh, the moodiness was running rampant in me.  I was looking at circumstances and situations around me and allowing them to set the mood for my day.  But oh, the mercy of God to turn things around in unusual ways.

Sunday I tried to make rolls for our Sunday dinner.  While they were edible, they were not the roll that I imagined, but were more like a popover.  I decided to try a different recipe last night ... I am so glad that I did.  While I used the all-purpose gluten free flour that smells of garbanzo beans ... the rolls did not have the strange bean taste or the typical gluten free sponginess.  We sat down to dinner and as hubby started eating, he remarked - you could have just made the rolls!  Oh, does that thrill this wife's heart.  He returned to the rolls this morning and will also have a sandwich for lunch on homemade rolls.

Then this morning, we received feedback from 3 Spanish speaking Christians (from Spain, Peru, and Chile) about the Spanish translation of our friend's tract.  How thankful we are for those who use their abilities in God's service.  It was nice to be able to send off corrections to the translation and to feel more confident in the publication of the translation.

In the process of the Spanish translation, I was reminded of how God gives us tools along the way to help us in our service.  While I am far from fluent in Spanish, I could understand what our proofreaders were commenting on and once again I could thank God for the three years of Spanish class that he afforded at a small Christian School. 

No comments:

Post a Comment