Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Fruit

Just watched a powerful thunderstorm move in ... and out. 
Oh, the speed and the power. 
We have definitely hit Spring with its ups and downs and it ins and outs. 
The blossoms on the pea plants tell me it is Spring as well. 

Today I am thankful for my new fruit plants.  I believe that I have become less and less attached to a physical home in the past years.  Home is wherever my hubby and I live and serve.  While I believe this to be true, there is one thing that I miss by not being "settled" in one place.  Fruit trees.  I watched my mom and dad plant fruit trees only to move in our 7 year cycle before they would produce.  I finally decided that I would do something and I purchased a patio blueberry bush and some strawberry plants.  I don't know if they will do anything ... but, I can take them with me if God moves me to another location :)

1 comment:

  1. You know, I always thought mom and dad's problem was waiting a few years before planting. That's why I put in trees the first year in Niobe. Only a few of them have produced, so far, but there is always next year. Grandpa Hadley even had stick trres planted in Galvanized 'pots'. They are now in Niobe, but they were easy to move out here.

    ReplyDelete