Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Proverbs 31:15
She riseth also while it is yet night,
and giveth meat to her household,
and a portion to her maidens.

Oh, is this ever one of the hardest traits of the virtuous woman for me to practice - the flesh is so strong.  She rises early in the morning!  Yes, I need sleep in order to do the tasks set before me each day, but do I need as much as I claim, or do I just veer toward fleshly laziness?  It is easy to be slow to arise when there is "no place that I have to be."  I would gladly rise daily at 7 or 8 am, but that does not meet the needs of my household.  Why?  Hubby is walking out the door at 7:15.  Shouldn't he have breakfast prepared for him?  Shouldn't I pack his lunch?  Should he have to wander around in the dark? 

I have spurts of success in this arena.  When I am leaning on God and seeking His help to rise early, I see many benefits. 
  • I have quiet time with God before the distractions of the day. 
  • I start my day on the right foot.
  • I can start a load of laundry and check something off my list right away.
  • Hubby can have a hot breakfast (or a cold one) prepared for him.
  • Hubby's lunch is well planned and in his box when he is ready to go.
  • There is time to talk with hubby before he leaves for the day.
  • More work is accomplished while hubby is gone (because an object in motion tends to stay in motion) allowing for more hubby/wifey time at night.


No comments:

Post a Comment