Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Support

I spent much time cooking over the weekend.  Had a going away "crunch and munch" at church.  Meatballs, Knox blox (called "giggle jiggles" in my recipe book), lemon bars, veggies and dip.  In the process, I also had to bake some gluten free/dairy free bread so that I could have some bread crumbs for the meatballs.  Hubby didn't mind because that meant that we could have cinnamon toast for breakfast and toasted cheese sandwiches for lunch - such simple pleasures.  He also was glad I was making knox blox (to avoid red dye 40 and extra sugar) - because there was extra pomegranate/blueberry juice when I was finished.

We are not the only gluten free family and church and what a blessing that is at a church fellowship.  It is nice to be able to support each other and to have some extra choices among all of the typical American fare.  It is a little tougher to take the challenge to gluten and dairy free for their son - but worth it to help each other and encourage my little friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment