Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Virtuous, wise, and hardworking

Proverbs 31:6
She considereth a field, and buyeth it:
with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.

Whenever I read verse six's description of this virtuous woman,
I am reminded that I need to have wisdom and common sense in my day to day life.
Her husband appears to trust her to take care of weighty business matters for the family.
This woman thinks before acting - she "considers."
She knows that the land will be profitable for her family, she counts the cost.
Then she not only buys the land ... she uses it!
I often think that I need something and then it soon sits gathering dust.
Not this woman ... she sets to work making her purchase a blessing.
She is not afraid of the work that it will take to provide produce for her family.

Common sense ...
Thoughtfulness in purchases ...
Hard working ...
of value to my family ...

More goals from the virtuous woman to strive for.

This week I am working on fall cleaning.
Tedious, but well worth it when it is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment