Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Breathing Deeply

Though Autumn is my favorite season,
Spring has to be a close second.

The warm air that draws me outside.
The signs of new life all around.
The end of the dead looking trees and grass.
The babies at the local sheep farm.

Of course that also brings work,
but to me it is enjoyable work.
The physical labor,
the fresh air,
the pleasure of looking at a neat yard or productive garden.

Saturday,
we spent the afternoon trimming 2 of our 3 Bradford pear trees.
It was a blessing to have the help of friends
along with a second truck with a trailer to haul limbs.
It was 4 trips to the dump to get rid of all of the branches.

From this:



 To this:

  Monday,
I spent an hour cleaning up the small branches and twigs that were left behind -
Only about 4 trash cans full.
I also weeded around the front flower bed.

Today,
I turned the garden for the first time.
I usually turn it about 3 times before I plant.


Hopefully,
the last pear tree will be trimmed Saturday,
and the garden will be started next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment