Pages

Friday, February 14, 2014

Friday Forum: To Celebrate or Not to Celebrate

It's Valentine's Day!
I think that it is my favorite holiday.
It celebrates love.
It falls in the week between the anniversary of the day I met my hubby and the anniversary of our first date.

The valentines were sent off to the quickly growing "little" people in my life.

I really do not care about receiving a valentine or a gift.
I simply want to express my love to my darling and to have time with him.
I actually cringe to think of the hiked up prices on flowers,
or the need to find a place for another stuffed animal.

I married a sweetie who is thoughtful and practical.
Hubby bought me two 1 gallon sprayers for my garden.
Can you see me do a happy dance?
No more crawling around with a cleaning spray bottle.
One sprayer for homemade weed spray.
One sprayer for "bad bunny" spray (hot sauce and water)

I took hubby a special valentine lunch at work.
Heart shaped hot pockets ...
 

Tossed salad with heart shaped carrots ...
peanut butter cookies.

Special chicken dinner tonight.

Hubby snuck me a Valentine.
We typically choose them in the card aisle ... exchange them ... and then put them back.
(I also cringe at the cost of greeting cards)


Do you celebrate the day?
or is it a just a Hallmark Holiday that you choose to ignore?

2 comments:

  1. We usually get out the valentines we have given one another over the years and display them. Did the one that was on the blog today….a departure. It was fun. Cost was nothing. Another process thing for me. Happy weekend with your sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked up 12 different thumbprint valentines after your blog -- will leave them hiding around the house -- we may be finding them for a couple of days :) Thanks for the cute idea!

      Delete