Pages

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Awake with the Sun

Don't you just love the feeling in the summer
when you wake with the sun instead of an alarm clock.
You feel energized, rested, and ready to start the day.
  It is hard to start the day on the right foot during the winter months.
Enter my Thursday Thanks ...


 As I continue to look for natural ways to lessen stress on my body,
I was led to a new alarm clock.
It is bizarre looking,
but it has definitely reduced stress
and increased productivity.
A dim light comes on 30 minutes before wake time
and gradually brightens like a sunrise.
Of course, if you are like me,
though your body may be waking internally,
I need the chirping birds to wake me completely on schedule.
Peaceful mornings ...
extra energy ...
We have successfully backed wake-up time from 5:30 to 4:30 on most days.

I am so thankful for natural healing and strength.
For the longer mornings,
and for the dimming light and "frogs" that also put me to sleep at night.
.
God has been gracious to give us new information regularly to help improve our health.
Hubby's dark circles are gone,
and I am waking up and starting my day on time.

I am also thankful for a wedding this weekend.
Our dear friend Sam is getting married and we are so excited for Him.
God's plan for a mate included a childhood friend,
but he had to wait 30 years past their first acquaintance for God's perfect timing.

After the success of the last church gift,
the church wanted to give another monetary gift in a unique and memorable way.
The result:

Framed origami money ...

Our pastor's wife folded all of the bills,
and I organized the final product.
I just love the heart shapes, (notice that some denominations have a pink hue)


but the shirt and tie is really unique.



The background includes the couple's names,
wedding date,
and a verse to commemorate the wedding date
2/8 ... Psalm 2:8.


No comments:

Post a Comment