Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

Completed!

Well, the "baking blitz" from Saturday went off without a hitch.
I started mixing batter at 10:45.
The first batch went in the oven at 11:30.
The last batch came out about 2:00.
They were delivered by 3:00.
Then I prepped myself for the wedding and duties there.
I was thankful for a loaner muffin tin so that I could have 2 dozen in the over,
while another 2 were being prepared.
I was thankful that none of the muffins burned.
I was also thankful that God saw fit to have us sit at a table with a teenage celiac.
As we talked about the muffins, her ears perked up at the mention of gluten free cornmeal;
and I was able to assure her that they were indeed gluten free - 
she promptly returned to the buffet to sample one for herself.

155 corn muffins
I think that the favorite recipe of the week was Coriander-Crusted Salmon.
I think it may just be the sentimentality and reminder of our 4 years in Seattle where Salmon is a staple,
but it was a good recipe as well!

Coriander-Crusted Salmon

3 Tbsp ground coriander
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
6 salmon fillets, thawed and patted dry
2 Tbsp olive oil

Rub fish with spices.
Cook three-four minutes per side in oiled skillet over Med-High heat.


This week's menu plan:
Monday: Ham
Tuesday: Minnestrone
Wednesday: Quinoa Salad
Thursday:  Ginger-Orange Pork
Friday: Garlic Chicken with cumin roasted sweet potatoes and carrots
(Don't Forget it is Valentine's Day)
Saturday: Ginger Orange Pork Wraps


Church Dinner this coming week:
I think that in the spirit of Valentine's Day,
chocolate covered strawberries sound good ...
... and an attempt at caramel covered berries for the non-chocolate eaters!

No comments:

Post a Comment