Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Changing

Hubby's job frequently takes him away for training.
This week was no exception.
At his former job, training was often in Atlanta, GA.
The new job typically takes him to Raleigh, NC.
But, this week took us to Pigeon Forge, TN.

Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg ...
A tourist trap to beat all others ...
or as we now call it ... a modern vanity fair!

When we first got married,
this would have been paradise to me ...
mini golf on every corner ...
souvenir shops galore ...
fancy dining ...

but yesterday as I walked around town,
there was emptiness in it all ...
an emptiness I was pleased to feel.

While there is still room to grow more,
I am thankful that God has worked to change my focus.
I am thankful for His patient work in my life
and thankful for the changes that are yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment