Pages

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

A Personal Transformation

No house pictures,
no garden pictures,
no yard pictures ...
it has just been too cold.
BUT ...
there is still a Tuesday Transformation!


With change often comes growth.
The rough, tear-filled month of December was a month of learning
and hopefully the start or continuation of meaningful change.

I have been made aware of some changes that I need to make.
I am also reminded that I have a gracious, long-suffering God
who is still there and still willing to change me.

I have been shown that I like to take charge.
While this is not always bad,
it is a fault if I am trying to lead when a man should be in the lead.
I have confessed to God the fault and apologized to those I believe I undermined.
It is a reminder to hold my tongue - to focus on the meek and quiet spirit.

I have been shown that I often take on more than I can chew.
This also could be phrased that I exhibit "pseudo-strength" when I should be asking for help.
This is not a new fault, but obviously one that I still need to work on.
There is a velvet Christmas dress from the late 80's with tear stains as proof
that I don't say "no" when I need to.
Even as a preteen, my desire to help and to be useful often leads me to collapse under unnecessary weights.
I am made aware of this fault again.

Both hubby and I have been made aware that sarcasm is rarely understood.
Sarcasm should be reserved for family and people who act like family (and maybe not even there)
because it often hurts others who can't read the sarcasm and/or won't ask for an explanation.

We are working on a critical spirit.
It is easy to critique without facts.
The need is to speak with truth,
To judge where sin is,
and to be silent when there is no knowledge.

Isn't it just like God to deliver the hard to swallow truth  in a "praise sandwich?"
He did it with the churches in Revelation.
Paul did it with erring churches that he wrote to correct.
In the midst of the December correction,
he led many people to remember something good,
something helpful,
and not just to remember, but to mention it.
He sent those "tokens for good."

I mention that because perhaps God has laid someone on your heart today.
Maybe God is correcting and rebuking that person
and He wants you to build that "Praise Sandwich."
Call, text, email, write, or appreciate someone in person - 
why not today?

No comments:

Post a Comment