Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Something Good?

I like to find something special about where I live that helps me to be content.
Upstate NY has beautiful falls, mountain hikes, and cool weather.
Pensacola, FL has beautiful snow-white beaches.
Seattle, WA has beautiful mountains, rocky coastlines, and very temperate weather.
But, North Carolina?  What does it have?
hot summers?  red clay? 
I certainly have had a hard time finding it.
But ... I finally realized it today.
It has a tremendously long growing season.
We are enjoying fresh green beans this week and thinking about the snap peas coming.
We are also enjoying the nice long fall.





This little couple is going to enjoy the long fall too.
The pumpkins are from our little garden patch!

The girl is a bit more feminine this year.
I gave her a skirt!
I will be spending the day in Charlotte while hubby attends tractor school.
Plenty of window shopping awaits!

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous! We had our first frost in early September. :) Your plants look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely plants! And it's always fun to decorate for fall. :)

    ReplyDelete