Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

Do I Live in the Bible Belt?

It is fair week here in Cleveland County, NC.  While I do not attend the fair for the entertainment (the lights and foolish spending of money remind me of Vanity Fair in the Pilgrim's Progress), I do enjoy working at the fair handing out gospel tracts.  This is the third year that I have participated and not only does it get easier every year, but God shows me the great need more each year.  There is a church on every corner in our county and yet, I am amazed and saddened at the number of people who want to avoid mention of the gospel, those who want to be "surprised" when they die, those who unashamedly admit that they won't be in heaven if they continue on the course they are on, those who don't know any thing about the Bible, and those who see the Bible as merely a "great book." 

I am saddened by the faces of lost souls around me, but encouraged by a church with nearly 100% participation in an 11 day visitation effort.  I was especially encouraged by a young lady in my class who stood with me last Saturday and wanted to return again this week to help.  It is encouraging to be a part of a church where everyone must work together, where everyone knows each other by name, and where everyone can help to carry the burdens around them.  I am looking forward to our Bible ministry tonight and services on Sunday.  Hope you will be in your place on Sunday too!

No comments:

Post a Comment