Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Fully Prepared

Proverbs 31:21
She is not afraid of the snow for her household:
for all her household are clothed with scarlet.

Have you ever heard of the french toast phenomenon?
It was new to me until we moved to this area of NC.
When "harsh" weather is predicted,
the bread, milk, and eggs just fly off the shelves.
It tickles me for a number of reasons -
one "harsh" is not usually that harsh around these parts,
and, if it is harsh, we won't have power and the milk and eggs will go bad,
and, why not stock up on pb & j?

I doubt that the virtuous woman of Proverbs 31
would have participated in the french toast phenomenon.
Why? 
She was prepared.
This woman looks ahead.
I am sure that it did not apply to just clothing, but also to food, shelter, time.
She looked ahead.
She was not flustered or taken back.
She knew that her preparations were sufficient.

Do I look ahead to prepare?
Am I ready to feed guests at any moment?
Am I ready to take a meal to the sick?
Does my family have clothing appropriate for each season and occasion?
Am I taking care of my possessions so that they will not fail me at the most inopportune time?
Do I try to stay "up" on the cleaning so that an unexpected guest does not ruffle me?

~*~ Fully Prepared ~*~

1 comment: