Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Recipe for Success

The county fair is over for another year and hubby and I are looking forward to a quiet week at home getting caught up on things.  I long to cook regular dinners to enjoy together at the table and he looks forward to some study time in the evenings.  The weather is supposed to be cool this week (60's) and that is enjoyable as well.

When things get real busy and we are on the go every night, it is easy to get discouraged or to wonder what God is doing with us.  It is easy to long for a different ministry, a different home, or a different location.  I have watched it over and over and over again in my life.  Perhaps that is the primary reason why I long for this quieter week.  I know that with more time in God's Word, more discussion time with hubby, and more rest ... contentment will be easier to foster.

I did not try any new food recipes last week with all the running, but my grains and flours are due in the mail tomorrow :) and with the cooler temps I hope to try some new things this week.  Perhaps this recipe will be more helpful anyway.

Recipe for a Successful Woman

one woman dead to self - Romans 12:1-2
unfailing trust in the Lord - Proverbs 3:5-6
(cooks note: leave out your own understanding and plans) - Proverbs 3:5-6 and Isaiah 55:8
lots of patience (don't skimp) - James 1:4
a proper fear of the Lord - Psalm 111:10
(cooks note: don't use the new concept - it won't work, stick with the old) - Jeremiah 6:16
daily Bible reading and meditation - Joshua 1:8
fervent prayer from a righteous heart - James 5:16
one proper view of your God-given role - Proverbs 12:4 and Proverbs 31
one heart full of mercy - Proverbs 3:4
a giving heart - Luke 6:38
a merry heart - Proverbs 17:22
a well adorned heart - I Peter 3:4
one mouth full of truth - Proverbs 3:4
humility - James 4:10
contentment - I Timothy 6:6
fruitful blend - II Peter 1:5-8
(blend includes faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, kindness, godliness, charity)
ample rest (varies per person) - Psalm 127:2, Ecclesiastes 5:12

Blend together and bake under trials (Job 23:10)



Have a GREAT week, y'all!




No comments:

Post a Comment