Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

My Greatest Fear

Yes, I have some typical fears (and maybe some atypical) ones.
I have a fear of heights, snakes, large bugs, and frogs.
I am easily startled.
But perhaps my greatest fear is that I might try to "move" God's hand.
I know, that is "dumb," right?
God is so much more powerful than I.
But I have done it many times.
Getting my way by orchestrating my circumstances such that it looks like "God's will."
Turning a trial into a sign from God that it is time to go somewhere else.
Setting out a ridiculous fleece and asking for a sign.
Perhaps it doesn't make sense to you,
but I have such intense longings sometimes,
(for children, to move away from NC,
 to have hubby in a position where he can do what he loves all the time ...)
that it is easy to want to make things happen on my own.
And then I am reminded ...
 
 
Psalm 37:7
Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: ...
 
Lamentations 3:26
It is good that a man should both hope
and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment