Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Not Giving Up

While last week did not afford as much baking time as planned, my grains arrive and I did grind sorghum, millet, brown rice, white rice, and buckwheat to make flour blends made for breads and cookies.  I had another successful loaf of bread and am getting used to the difference in texture and enjoying the time savings because it only rises once!  I also converted a fall favorite recipe with success.  I changed the flour, added a tsp of xantham gum for every cup of flour, and even made it dairy free by using dairy free margarine (just testing it for my little friend).  While they weren't exactly the same as the original, they gave us that sweet taste of the fall spices. 

It is a rainy morning, but that is OK, because it is my cleaning day - so, off I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment