Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Better Than ...

Proverbs 25:24 
It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop, 
than with a brawling woman and in a wide house.

Solomon once again returns to the misery of a challenging wife.
As Solomon looked through his wives.
 did he see rebellion?
hard headedness?
stubbornness?
questioning?
belittling?
lack of submission?
All part of the brawling woman.

A corner of the roof with peace 
seemed better than his beautiful spacious palace with the brawling woman.

My sinful pride often keeps me from seeing my "brawling" nature.
I must submit to my given role and yield leadership to my hubby.
I must show respect at all times and all situations.
I must build him up before others.
I must give my opinions properly and leave the decisions to him.
I want him to long to be in my home rather than looking for peace and freedom elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment