Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Relinquish Control

"Take my moments and my days;
Let them flow in ceaseless praise."

Following hubby's surgery,
I was lent the book Kept for the Master's Use by Frances Havergal.
The days immediately following surgery were very busy and I am just now getting to it.
It is a small book (60 pages) and I am enjoying the thoughts immensely.
Of the above phrase from her well-known hymn, "Take my life and Let it Be," she writes:

But ever if we have gone so far as to say, "Take my moments," have we gone the step farther, 
and really let Him take them -- really entrusted them to Him?  
It is no good saying "take" when we do not let go.  
How can another keep that which we are keeping hold of?   
So let us, with full trust in His power, first commit these slippery moments 
to Him -- put them right into His hand ... .

I am a firm believer in controlling my days and time -
in not being tossed about by every whim and "emergency" that comes my way.
But there must be the reminder that the day, the moments are not mine --
there are people to minister to ...
there are needful "distractions" ...
I must commit all to Christ!
He will show me what is needful and what is frivolous.

No comments:

Post a Comment