Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

How Sweet It Is

Proverbs 24:13
My son, eat thou honey, because it is good; 
and the honeycomb, which is sweet to thy taste:


I think that it is fascinating to hear about the foods that people like to eat.
Beyond that, I like to hear how those foods relate to what the mother ate during pregnancy
or what the individual ate throughout childhood.
Is it pizza, Mexican food, Asian cuisine, sweets?

Tastes are cultivated.
It is proven that exposure to a type of music or a food
will often bring an appreciation for that item.

When we married,
hubby vowed that he hated classical music.
What a blow to this pianist with a love for Handel!
Guess what?
Within a year, it was one of his favorite genres of music
and he has favorite pieces that he knows by name.
And me,
I lived on chocolate, milk shakes, and rich casseroles.
With much effort,
 I now enjoy simple foods with fresh ingredients and have banned chocolate from my diet.

God wants us to feed on good things.
What do I think on? dwell on? fill my life with?
What type of music? entertainment? food? friends? activities? reading?
That which I feed on is what I will desire and crave.
Have you ever met a person who thrived on drama?
Chances are it is what they feed on.
How about a person who needs peace?
Chances are that they feed on peace.

So give yourself the healthy.
Feed on God's Word.
Feed on Prayer.
Feed on edifying conversation.
Feed on fruitful activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment