Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Priorities

Proverbs 24:27,33-34
Prepare thy work without, and make it fit for thyself in the field; and afterwards build thine house.
 Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, 
a little folding of the hands to sleep:
 So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth; 
and thy want as an armed man.

When the pilgrims arrived in the New World,
they put this verse into practice physically.
While living in one large, communal building,
they worked to get the crops in.
They knew that the fields around them would help to sustain them - feed them.
There would be time for the physical home later.

Do I heed this verse spiritually?
Do I feed my soul so that I have something to draw on when the difficulties come.

Personally,
I never skip a meal (or very rarely).
I try not to skip a workout.
Am I that committed to my devotions and quiet times in the priorities?
Is it crowded out by the day?

You and I need the Lord.
We need His strength, His comfort, His guidance, His leading.
We can choose to avail ourselves of His wisdom,
or we can crowd it out.

It comes back to diligence.
I cannot be lazy.
My laziness can and will breed physical poverty,
but it can also yield spiritual poverty.

I want a spiritual bank account that is full and that is available for withdrawals!



No comments:

Post a Comment