Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2016

How Will I Age?

I have forever been a people watcher. 
I love to be in crowds or in cities so that I can just watch people.
Actions, reactions, expressions, interactions.

One of the reasons that I practice Thankful Thursday
is that I want to make thanksgiving a habit.

I have watched people age in 2 ways:
Some become grumbling and complaining and are not a joy to be around.
They practice an entitlement mindset.
Some are thankful and focused on others and are an encouragement at every turn.
They practice the mind of a servant.

I would like to be the second.
I want to be thankful for each thing God has given.
I want to be thankful for each food on the table - even if it is not my favorite.
I want to be thankful for the efforts of those who are carrying the load that I no longer can carry.
I want to be grateful for each day of health and strength - even if it includes aches and pains.

So I practice Thankful Thursday.
Today I am thankful for the ability to walk, to move freely.
I am thankful for the small town I frequent most mornings on my walk.
I am thankful for the strength that I have increased over the years.
I am thankful for the ability to keep learning about the mechanics of my body so as to keep it working well.

How will you age?
Will you practice thanksgiving with me?
Will you remind me when I forget?

No comments:

Post a Comment