Pages

Monday, June 6, 2016

The Hit of the Party

I have been living life again - 
and sometimes it gets too busy to write.
But I am back,
and while sitting at the tire shop last week,
I made a plan of topics and things to write about.
So maybe there will be a consistent month here.

Today,
I share a "hit" from our Memorial Day picnic.
We hosted the church picnic and I made a few treats along with the hotdogs and sausages.
The concensus was that the strawberries needed to appear at the next church dinner.
So here they are - they really are good ...
and not too time consuming (especially with my resident piper's help).

Cheesecake-stuffed Strawberries

1 pound strawberries (approximately 10-12 large strawberries)
4 ounces cream cheese
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Using a paring knife, slice the top off the strawberries,
then cut out the center portion.

In a small bowl add the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
Use an electric mixer, or mix by hand, until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.

Transfer the cheesecake mixture to a piping bag, or use a small spoon to fill the berries. 


I made a double batch - and did not have to put any away!

No comments:

Post a Comment