Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

A different week

Well, it is Spring Break so I have most definitely been out of routine.  I like the change of pace, but I must say that I miss routine.

It has been a nice week.  Hubby took me to Charlotte on Monday.  We didn't get the dentist appointment, but maybe tomorrow.  We "shopped" at a truly upscale mall and enjoyed just being together and out of Shelby.  Tuesday we did odds and ends at home while we waited on a part to fix the car.  Car is fixed now and extension of clothesline finished and house recaulked where last summer's work was not acceptable.  Now hoping for some time this spring to freshen up the paint on the shutters - maybe a new color?  Tuesday night we had dinner with a Korean couple across the street.  Wow!  I love Asian cuisine and what a feast they provided!  After dinner, we had our first (And possibly only) experience with true eastern relexology - a little bit painful, but the science is amazing.  We truly are "fearfully and wonderfully made".  Wednesday was the day hubby was waiting for - he got his muzzle loader rifle sited in and is thrilled with the results.  Today it is back to work - hubby is on the farm and I give piano lessons this afternoon.

I am thankful for the change of pace and have been thankful this week for the experiences that God gives that prepare us for ministry.  When I studied Early Childhood Education in college, I imagined life as a teacher and then as a home school mom.  Instead, I am writing curriculums!?!  This week, a new opportunity is in my path.  I call my new job one of cheerleading.  I hope to encourage the ladies at church (and a few surrounding churches) in their efforts at weight loss.  Who would have thought my own struggle would be used in this way?  God know the plans that He has for us and though we might not choose the path He leads us on ... His way is best, His way is perfect.

1 comment:

  1. i'm so thankful for you posts. keeping up with what you and chris are doing is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete