Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

Getting going

It is another new week and it is beginning here with a beautiful day.  High of 69* today!  Two loads of wash on the line and another one headed there.  I have some bread rising this morning with hopes of baking before the trailer heats in the sun.  I need to place some online orders this morning and then it is off to exercise and work on violin pieces.  The bright mornings really help me to get going in the morning and it is good to "check" things off the list early in the day.  Hopefully I will be heading into town for a little shopping this afternoon - regular stuff to buy ... milk, eggs, flour ...

I enjoyed the day of rest yesterday.  It was good to be in God's House.  Hubby finished a series of lessons with the teens on the life of David and we are going to begin a systematic theology next week.  I enjoyed the study on "the man after God's own heart."  I fall short so many times.  David was so quick to repent and get things right while I often stumble over my own pride to fix my relationship with God or with others.  David readily accepted God's decisions and correction without argument, while often I, like a little child, keep asking, "Why, God?"  So much to think about and to put into practice. 

Better get back to work!  Have a good day serving the Lord and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment