Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

In like a lion?

One of my memories of school days was the saying "in like a lion, out like a lamb" that was stated and illustrated in classrooms each March.  We made lions out of paper plates and of course lambs covered in cotton balls!  Today is March 1 and we don't have much of a "lion" today, but perhaps the lion is waiting for tomorrow.  The newspaper predicts 1-3 inches of rain or snow!  I guess I will just wait and see.  There are a few flowers showing their leaves in my new flower bed.  I can't remember what I planted where, so I will just continue to wait for more to show and their eventual blooms.  I hope that they like snow :)

Hubby helped turn the soil in my square foot garden one more time on Friday afternoon and the stakes and strings went in on Saturday afternoon along with 2 squares of carrots (32 carrots).  Hopefully 32 beets, 92 onions, 1 Kale, 2 spinach, and 2 lettuce will join the garden this week as well as starting tomatoes inside (10 large plants and 10 Romas). 

The clothesline is partially back together.  Now that the poles don't bow in, my line doesn't fit and I need to buy some more hardware to tighten the lines down!  I did get two lines up and some laundry out this morning - I sure missed my little clothesline.

I just finished 6 miles of "walking" with some walking DVDs this morning.  The Prevention planning is working and I am slowly seeing results again.  More and more I realize that if I would just have one plate of food at dinner and skip the snacking, I would not get into trouble!  I think that I may also walk to school this morning and meet hubby when he comes out of classes. 

Did you have a good day in the Lord's house yesterday?  We sure did!  There were two visiting familes - one there for the 2nd and 3rd time, one for the 3rd and 4th time ... 2 people made confessions of faith yesterday after the morning service ... we were encouraged to see the fruit of visitation efforts made 2 years ago!  It was also good to rest in the Lord through the day, to enjoy time with family, to fellowship with believers, to meditate on God's Word, to praise the Lord in song and testimony.  Praise the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment