Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

For me He died ... For me He lives

Of course, this week brings our thoughts more closely to the sacrifice of our sinless Savior.  What a sacrifice He paid that I might live.

My hope is in the Lord who gave Himself for me,
And paid the price of all my sin at Calvary.

No merit of my own His anger to suppress:
My only hope is found in Jesus' righteousness.

And now for me He stands before the Father's throne:
He shows His wounded hands and names me as His own.

His grace has planned it all - 'tis mine but to believe,
and recognize His work of love, and Christ receive.

For me He died, for me He livesl
and everlasting life and light He freely gives.

Salvation is a free gift.  Jesus Christ, the Son of God, left the glories of heaven in humility, took our sins upon His sinless body, and died a death on the cross to pay to the punishment for my sin and for your sin.  Had He stayed buried in the tomb, we would have no hope.  Easter (or Resurrection Sunday) is a celebration of His victory over death - He is alive today.  If anyone accepts Christ's finished work on the cross and repents (acknowledges and turns from) their sin - God promises eternal life with Him.  I hope that you are celebrating the true meaning of Easter this year and that if you have never been able to celebrate with a blessed hope that this year will have new meaning for you.

1 comment: