Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

Greeting Another Week

Good morning, blog friends!  I love that it is getting brighter earlier each day.  I have had my hot rice cereal and a BIG cup of coffee this morning.  My third load of wash is spinning in the washer and waiting for time outside on a 50* sunny day!  I just love bright days.  I am hoping that hubby wants to take a nice long walk this afternoon.  The snow is gone except for a few little "blobs" here and there that used to be cheery snow men.  The ground is slowly drying out.

Had a good weekend.  Saturday was a little on the dreary side, but I accomplished much in the house.  Sunday was a good day in the Lord's house with preaching on recognizing our citizenship in the Kingdom of God.  There is so much stirring around us that is distressing (the direction of our nation, growing apostasy in the church, indifference in society toward the things of God), but I must remember that "this world is not my home, I'm just a passin' through."  Did miss having hubby at church with me last night - he finally fell to a bad cold or the flu and did not want to pass anything to the other families in the church.

The lemon bars I planned to make Saturday night turned out well, though hubby preferred the whole wheat m&m cookies that I had baked already.  Actually, neither of us are overly fond of lemon - but the change just sounded good to me.  Have also been experimenting with my sweet tea.  I have been mixing sweet tea with pomegranate-cranberry juice ... YUMMY!  I like the little "kick" it adds.

Laundry today and then remake beds.  Going to plant some seeds inside as well.  Need to make bread, though it will be a little more "white" than I like because my bag of wheat flour is almost empty.  Need to mend another tie and hope to start making some worksheets/take-home papers for some Sunday School classes.  First one more load of wash on the line, a good workout, clean-up, and some violin practice.

Stay industrious in your realm today ... I have plenty to keep me busy, just have to stay disciplined to get it all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment