Pages

Friday, February 19, 2010

I LOVE LOWES ... or any garden, home supply store

It has been another busy week.  As I mentioned yesterday, I have been expanding a 30' by 18" garden plot that lines my walkway by another 18".  Now I have a 30' by 3' plot.  Hubby took the afternoon off to work on some home projects.  He first repaired a leaning clothesline ... tension on clay soil during a rain storm did not help that!  Next he built me some large frames in my new garden plot so that my beans can climb 6' this year.  I am SO Excited.  We also picked up some fertilizer and lime to start my soil off right.  It is good to be in the garden.  I love the smell of the damp earth and the promise of new life.

I will be busy again tomorrow with cleaning and garden preparation and then will be relaxing and meditating on our Lord on Sunday.  Have a great weekend, all!

2 comments:

  1. We are considering a raised garden of some type this year. Looking forward to the dirt actually being visible! I will be awhile before the snow is gone here in the north.

    Good Lord's Day to you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, that 'tension' must have been that rug I left out on the line in the rain last summer--I'm so sorry! Thanks for letting us use the clothesline!

    ReplyDelete