Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

It is my eighth anniversary today!  On Febrary 10, 2002, I was introduced to my future husband.  He had walked into the church that I attended about a month before and of course I was curious about this single sailor (he just figured that I was married), but it was not until this special Sunday night that we were finally introduced.  When I celebrate this anniversary, it always reminds me of the benefits of waiting for God's best.  Like many girls, I imagined myself falling in love in college and getting married soon after graduation.  That was not God's plan for me.  It was not until 5 years later that He would bring me my heart's desire.  It is easy to get impatient and I am the queen in that department, but "God always gives His best to those who leave the choice to Him."  Did you ever make a list of qualities that you were looking for in a future mate?  Yes, I did!  The funny thing is that I "wanted" a military man and a man in the ministry.  I guess I should have been looking for a Chaplain :)  God brought me a man in the military who within a year of marriage would have a heart to one day train for the ministry that God would show him. 

Chapter 14 of Created to Be His Helpmeet is entitled "Kings and Kingdoms."  The topic again is reverence for the "king" in your home.  Men were created to lead and all men have that opportunity to lead in their homes if no where else.  When I, as a wife, show proper reverence and love (not only in action, but in word and body language), my husband can rule with honor, with confidence and in turn with love for the ones who are encouraging him.  Though I respect my husband because he is a great leader, some wives must learn to respect the position and give reverence simply because it is the leader that God placed as head of their homes.  Elizabeth Elliot once wrote, "the very heart of reverence is extreme appreciation and profound thankfulness that this man, just as he is, has chosen to love me, just as I am."  I love that statement.  My husband CHOSE me out of all the women that he knew.  Wow!  He must think that I am pretty special and I can make myself more beautiful in my reverence and respect of him and his position.

I am excited to start the next study of 8 practical things from Titus 2 that God requires of a woman. 

Act like a queen today and think of some practical ways that you can encourage the king in your home today!

No comments:

Post a Comment