Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

A Little Get-A-Way

Well, I am back after missing blogging for a week.  I feel more refreshed this week.  As I type at the dining room table, I look out our large sliding glass door and think that perhaps I am "on location" this week.  I sit with a large mug of coffee and look out upon a winter wonderlad.  There is even a faint, sparkly flurry in the air.  I am waiting for the flurries to end, so I can get my linens hung outside. 

On Friday and Saturday, NC got an abnormal snow and ice storm.  I would guess that we received about 6 inches of snow which was then covered with a layer of freezing rain.  Hubby had to miss work on Saturday.  We took our daily 4-5 mile walk down the middle of the streets which were covered with an inch or more of ice.  Services were cancelled at church yesterday.  When we went for a walk, the roads were clearing and the shoulders were getting slushy.  The temps are supposed to reach 49* today, so the melting should continue.  The forecast?  Freezing rainy tonight and tomorrow morning? 

It was nice to have 2 days with no pressing needs and no pressure to "go."  We enjoyed some internet messages yesterday.  One thought primarily stuck with me.  Psalm 119:126 "It is time for thee LORD, to work: for they have made void thy law."  The preceding verses speak of a servant of the Lord that knows and obeys the Word.  Though things around him are dismal and evil mounts, he focuses not on the evil, but on His reationship with God and leaves the difficulties in God's hands. 

Despite the cold weather, I made a seed order last week and planned out my square foot garden.  I am looking forward to a good year and this year I have the ability to can our surplus thanks to a generous Christmas gift of a pressure canner!  I will be starting some plants from seeds this week or early next week - broccoli, cabbage, peppers, and cauliflower!  All but the peppers will be a first this year. 

The flurries are abating and the sun is breaking through ... time to get the laundry outside and then a pile of dress shirts awaits the ironing board.  Have a great day, y'all!

1 comment:

  1. I miss hanging my clothes outdoors. I have a clothesline in the laundry room and three racks that seem to be in use more often than not.
    I feel a hankering for spring coming on...however...I must be content with the cold temps for now.

    Have a good week, Sandra.

    ReplyDelete