Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"A Token for Good"

It was a beautiful day yesterday.  I passed on the computer work and headed outside.  I finished turning over one of my small garden plots trying to get the leaves and compost mixed in well before the planting starts (in about 2 weeks).  I have to re-dig one of my plots because it was overrun with weeds.  That's not a lot of fun.  I have my "green house" started again with peppers, cabbage, and broccoli ...  the tomatoes and cauliflower will start by the end of the month!

... Today is a different story.  It is very gray with the promise of rain.  I plan to do some shopping this afternoon and then hit the computer and get creative (that is quite the task for me).  Typical morning exercise and violin practice coming after I finish writing.

Thinking on this verse recently:
Shew me a token for good; ...
because thou, LORD,
hast holpen me, and comforted me.
Psalm 86:17

I pray this verse often when I am discouraged or when my mind needs to be set on good things.  The verse reminds me to look around for those ways that the Lord is showing me His goodness each day.  They are there, large or small, to encourage me when I am down.  I saw one of those "tokens" this morning ... Are you seeing God's hand of goodness around you?  Open your eyes, because His goodness is all around us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment