Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Just Drippy

This week, I have felt slightly like I have been back in the Pacific Northwest starting with an icy, slushy weekend and ending with rain upon rain upon rain.  The ground is just like a sponge and I am hoping for a beautiful week to dry out my garden spot so that it will be workable by the middle of this month - feels like wishful thinking right now.  At any rate, I will plant some seeds indoors at the beginning of next week and I look forward to watching the new life and enjoying the excitement of gardening again.

I am waiting on hubby to come home from work at the farm, he will be cold and WET!  It is days like this that he wishes he were working at a local fast food restaurant to supplement through school.  Dinner is in the crockpot - Chicken and Broccoli that we will serve over whole wheat noodles.  The house is clean and laundry mostly caught up.  It has been a bad week for drying, as I am trying not to use the dryer and only so many articles fit on the small drying rack at a time :)  Maybe I need to prepare a special dessert ... better get to it ... the latest Prevention magazine had a recipe for reduced calorie lemon bars that looked intriguing ... might try that.

Have a great Lord's Day tomorrow!  Rest and keep your focus on God.

No comments:

Post a Comment