Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

Peas are in!

So I did it.  My goal was to have peas in by February 19 and I only missed it by one day.  That is one full row of peas (24 feet of a double row).  About 160 plants of sugar snaps for hubby, who is already dreaming about beef and pea pods ... and about 80 plants of typical garden peas for my pea and potato soup.  We awoke to a warm beautiful rain this morning, so they should get off to a good start.  I wasn't sure if I would like the final appearance of my pea/bean trellis (since it is right in front of the house), but the end result was pleasing and I am excited about it.  The peppers, broccoli, and cabbage seedlings are doing well inside and I planted the cauliflower inside on Saturday as well.

Today holds a shopping trip.  We are out of many basics like milk, eggs, flour ... so I must get out.  One local store is holding a super double coupon sale, so I hope to snag some rare treats at good deals.  Then I will hit Walmart for the normal stuff, and a quick trip to CVS for some bargain tuna!  I am going back on the Prevention Diet plan, so I need to pick up some items that I just haven't kept on hand and lots more fruits and veggies.

Besides shopping, I will be making more English muffins and some waffles for breakfasts this week.  Hubby discovered that he likes his ham sandwhiches on English muffins and now that I am making them myself, he can enjoy them all he wants and it may cut down on the bread making!

A quick thank you to all of you who have left comments or emailed or called with encouragement about the blog.  It is a fun outlet for me and I hope it keeps you all "up" on my doings or encourages you to keep working hard in the place where God has you right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment